ISC Physical Education 2018 Class-12 Previous Year Question Paper Solved
ISC Physical Education 2018 Class-12 Previous Year Question Paper Solved for practice. Step by step Solutions with Questions. By the practice of Physical Education 2018 Class-12 Solved Previous Year Question Paper you can get the idea of solving.
Try Also other year except ISC Physical Education 2018 Class-12 Solved Question Paper of Previous Year for more practice. Because only ISC Physical Education 2018 Class-12 is not enough for complete preparation of next council exam. Visit official website CISCE for detail information about ISC Class-12 Physical Education.
ISC Physical Education 2018 Class-12 Previous Year Question Paper Solved
-: Select Your Topics :-
Maximum Marks: 70
Time allowed: Three hours
(Candidates are allowed additional 15 minutes for only reading the paper. They must NOT start writing during this time.)
- Answer any five questions from Section A.
- Section B comprises of one question on each game with five sub parts (a), (b), (c), (d) and (e). Select any two games from this Section.
- Answer any three of the five sub parts (a), (b), (c), (d) and (e) from each of the two games selected by you in this section.
- The intended marks for questions or parts of questions are given in brackets [ ].
Answer any five questions.
Previous Year Question Paper ISC Physical Education 2018 Class-12 Solved
Explain the role of physical education in the development of personality of an individual.  Answer 1: (ISC Physical Education 2018 Class-12)
Personality represents those characteristics of the person that account for consistent patterns of behaviour. Broadly, four factors influence how an individual respond in any given situation the genetic make-up, past experience, the nature of the situation in which he/she find themselves and the free will. Personality development means the process in which an individual’s attitude, discipline, helpfulness, team spirit, patience, unity, friendship etc., grows.
(a) Attitude :
- Physical Education helps an individual to develop the attitude of competition against themselves for their betterment.
- Physical Education helps the individual to develop an attitude of learning from their failure and success rather than getting too much elated about their success and depressed of their failure.
- Physical Education helps in developing an attitude of equanimity at the time of success and failure and also develops an attitude to pursue excellence.
- Physical Education develops an attitude to respect sports, other participants, coaches, official and themselves.
(b) Discipline :
- Physical Education helps in developing learned effective skills for dealing with conflict, difficult opponents, and other people when they are negative or oppositional during sports competition and thereby an individual gets disciplined.
- Individual realizes through sports and games the value of being systematic, consistent and punctual as these qualities help the individual to develop his sporting ability. Accepting these qualities help the individual to become disciplined.
(c) Helpfulness :
- While playing sports and games an individual learns the importance of helping others. For developing bonding one has to assist, motivate and cooperate.
- The senior players get respect from junior players when they help the junior players to develop their skill by sharing their experience.
- The quality of helpfulness is required during training session and sharing of equipment.
- It is required during competition when an individual’s performance is getting affected.
- Through sports and games an individual understands one’s success is not only the result of one’s effort but also due to the help received from coach, team members, family etc.
(d) Team Spirit:
- Nature of sports is such that there is one common goal to be achieved by each member of a team and that goal can be called as team goal and that is winning. This common goal develops the quality of team spirit.
- To win as a team a sense of respect for each member of team is required. Apart from sense of respect for team member there is a requirement of giving priority to team’s achievement than individuals. This thought and act of one while playing sports and game develops the quality of team spirit.
(e) Patience :
- Individual while playing sports and games understands the importance of patience. One needs to regularly do hard work and has to be patient for the development of performance.
- One needs to adjust with the team members. In order to adjust with others one needs to have patience. Applying strategies requires patience. For developing the quality of consistency one needs to be patient.
(f) Unity :
- Common goal develops unity. The team which lacks unity has more chances to get defeated than the team which has unity.
- Each player in the team may have different responsibility and each member getting assistance and motivation to fulfill their responsibility from other team members develops a sense of unity among team members.
(g) Friendship :
- Quality of helpfulness, sacrifice, assistance, motivation, support and respect among the players develops the quality of friendship.
- Matches between countries help in developing the quality of friendship among players of different country.
Explain briefly what is meant by interval training? Write the method of conducting interval training.  Answer 2: (ISC Physical Education 2018 Class-12)
Interval Training Method : This training is useful for the development of endurance. There are repeated sessions or interval of relatively intense exercise. Each interval is followed by a period of incomplete recovery. If one is running 400m intervals on a track and it takes approximately 90 seconds to complete each run then the recovery period between the intervals should be at least 90 seconds. This training develops cardiorespiratory endurance. In high-intensity interval training there is a risk of athlete getting injury. During the interval period the heart rate may reach to 180 beats/minutes followed by a recovery period. When the heart rate in recovery period comes down to 120 beats/minute then the next interval period should start.
Variables which decides the effect of interval method are :
- Speed of work
- Duration of work
- Duration of recovery
- Number of repetition
- Nature of recovery
Interval method is of two type :
- Intensive Interval Method: When the intensity of the activity is 80-90% of the maximum speed at which an individual can run then it is called intensive interval method.
- Extensive Interval Method: When the intensity of the activity is 70-80% of the maximum speed at which an individual can run then it is called extensive interval method. On the basis of duration interval training may
be classified into three types : Short interval method, medium interval method and long interval method.
|15 seconds –
|2 minutes – 8 minutes||8 minutes – 15 minutes|
Method of Conducting Interval Method :
- Before starting interval method one should have undergone a period of continuous running.
- Maximum heart rate of the individual doing interval training should be noted. Generally maximum heart rate is found by the formulae 220 minus age. Maximum heart rate will help to find the target heart rate that the individual has to run during the interval.
- Number of repetition of intervals should be decided after taking into account the athletes age and level of practice.
- Improvement in performance can be done by changing the variable. It would be better to change one variable at a time.
- See that the surface of running is flat.
- Warm-up and cooling down should be done properly before starting interval training.
- If the heart rate does not come back to 120 beats/minutes within a period of time it is expected i.e., around 90 seconds then it should be understood that workload is difficult for the individual and the workload should be adjusted.
- Have a heart rate monitor as it will help in increasing and decreasing intensity according to heart rate, depending on which interval one is.
- Do not over exert while training.
Write a note on the Sports Authority of India (SAI) giving its objectives.  Answer 3: (ISC Physical Education 2018 Class-12)
The Sports Authority of India (SAI), was set up on 25th January, 1984 as a Society registered under Societies Act, 1860 with the objective of promotion of Sports and Games. It comes under Department of Sports, Govt, of India. SAI head office is in Jawaharlal Nehru Sports Complex, New Delhi.