Pressure Exerted by Liquids Class-8th Goyal Brothers Physics Solutions Chapter-3, Force and Pressure. Therefore We Provide Step by Step Answers of Objective, True False , Fill in the blanks, Match the following as well as Short/Long Answer Type of Chapter-3 unit-2 (Pressure Exerted by Liquids) Visit official Website CISCE for detail information about ICSE Board Class-8.
Pressure Exerted by Liquids Class-8th Goyal Brothers
Physics Solutions Ch-3 (unit-2)
|Force and Pressure
|Pressure Exerted by Liquids
|Solution of exercise questions
OBJECTIVE TYPE QUESTIONS
A. Fill in the blanks :
- Pressure due to a liquid is _independent_ of the area of cross-section of containing vessel.
- Fluids at a given depth exert _same_ pressure in all direction.
- Pressure exerted by a liquid _increase_ with the increase in depth.
- Pressure exerted by a liquid _decrease_ with the decrease in the density of the liquid.
- The hull of the _pressure_ are made very strong to withstand huge pressure exerted by the sea water.
B. Statement given below are incorrect. write the correct correct statement:
1. Pressure exerted by a liquid is inversely proportional to the density of liquid.
Correct Statement: Pressure exerted by a liquid is directly proportional to the density of liquid.
2. The pressure in an enclosed liquid is transmitted unequally in all directions with diminished force.
Correct Statement: The pressure in an enclosed liquid is transmitted equally in all directions with diminished force.
3. Different liquids exerts the same pressure at a given depth.
Correct Statement: Different liquids exerts the different pressure at a given depth.
4. Deep sea divers wear specially designed suits to protect themselves from deep sea creatures.
Correct Statement: Deep sea divers wear specially designed suits to protect themselves from deep sea pressure.
C. Write ‘True’ or ‘False’ for the following statements :
- More the density of a liquid, less the pressure it exerts. [F]
- Liquids always seek their own level.[T]
- At a given dept a liquid exerts more pressure in downward direction , then in the upward direction . [F]
- Dams are made thicker at the base to withstand huge pressure of water. [T]
D. Tick (√) the most appropriate answer.
1. Pressure exerted at any point of an enclosed liquid is transmitted:
(a) towards the sides of vessels
(b) towards the base of vessels
(c) in all directions
(d) none of these
Ans: (c) in all directions
2. Pressure exerted by a liquid at a given point is :
(a) directly proportional to the depth of the point in liquid
(b) directly proportional to the density of the liquid
(c) both a and b
(d) none of these
Ans: (c) both a and b
Question 1. How does liquid pressure depend on the following:
(a) depth of liquid: Water pressure is the result of the weight of all the water above pushing down on the water below. As you go deeper into a body of water, there is more water above, and therefore a greater weight pushing down. Hence This is the reason water pressure increases with depth
(b) density of liquid: Liquid pressure increases with the increase in density of the liquid.
(c) acceleration due to gravity: the pressure due to a liquid at a point inside the liquid increases with the acceleration due to gravity at that point.
(d) area of cross-section of containing vessel: Pressure due to a liquid is inversely proportional of the area of cross-section of containing vessel.
Question 2. State pascals law for the transmission of pressure in enclosed liquids.
Answer: Pascal’s law says that pressure applied to an enclosed fluid will be transmitted without a change in magnitude to every point of the fluid and to the walls of the container. Therefore pressure at any point in the fluid is equal in all directions.
Question 3. Why are the walls of hydroelectric dam made thicker in the base?
Answer: The pressure exerted by liquids increases with depth. So, as the depth increases, more pressure is applied to the walls. That is why walls are made thicker at the bottom, so that they can handle the pressure exerted by water.
Question 4. Why do the deep sea divers wear specially designed suits?
Answer: At deep waters, the column of water above the diver exerts a pressure and this pressure is very high due to the weight of water above the diver up to the surface. The diving suits are required to enable diver to withstand these pressures and swim comfortably.
Hence, Deep sea divers wear specially designed suits to protect themselves from high pressures.
Question 5. Why are the hulls of submarines specially strengthened?
Answer: The hull of Submarines are specially Strengthened so that they can prevent it from collapsing from the high pressure of the water outside while it is submerged. Roughly every 30 feet of depth under water adds another atmosphere of inward pressure on the hull.
Question 6. Why do the bodies of deep sea fish burst when they are brought to the surface of sea?
Answer: The body of the deep sea fish burst when brought up to the surface of the sea water because the body of fish contains dissolved oxygen at much higher pressure than the atmospheric pressure.
— : end of Pressure Exerted by Liquids Class-8th Goyal Brothers :–-
Please share with your friends if you find it useful