Statistics Class-8 RS Aggarwal ICSE Goyal Brothers Prakashan
Statistics Class-8 RS Aggarwal ICSE Goyal Brothers Prakashan Solutions Chapter-25. We provide step by step Solutions of Exercise / lesson-25 Statistics for ICSE Class-8 RS Aggarwal Mathematics.
Our Solutions contain all type Questions of Exe-25 with Notes to develop skill and confidence. Visit official Website CISCE for detail information about ICSE Board Class-8 Mathematics.
–: Select Topics :–
Notes on Statistics
Introduction to Statistics
– A study dealing with the collection, presentation and interpretation and analysis of data is called as statistics
- Facts /figures numerical or otherwise collected for a definite purpose is called as data.
- data collected first-hand data:- Primary
- Secondary data: Data collected from a source that already had data stored
– The number of times a particular instance occurs is called frequency in statistics.
Ungrouped data is data in its original or raw form. The observations are not classified in groups.
In grouped data, observations are organized in groups
- The size of the class into which a particular data is divided.
- E.g divisions on a histogram or bar graph.
- Class width = upper class limit – lower class limit
Regular and Irregular class interval
- Regular class interval: When the class intervals are equal or of the same sizes.
- E.g 0-10, 10-20, 20-30…..
- Irregular class interval: When the class intervals are of varying sizes.
- E.g 0-35, 35-45, 45-55,
– A frequency table or distribution shows the occurrence of a particular variable in a tabular form.
- Raw data needs to be sorted in order to carry out operations.-
- Sorting ⇒ ascending order or descending order
Ungrouped frequency table
– When the frequency of each class interval is not arranged or organised in any manner
Grouped frequency table
– The frequencies of the corresponding class intervals are organised or arranged in a particular manner, either ascending or descending.
Exe-25 ,Statistics Class-8 RS Aggarwal ICSE Goyal Brothers Prakashan Solutions
–: End of Statistics Class-8 RS Aggarwal Solutions :–
Share with your friends