Instructions for ICSE ISC of Semester-Wise exam 2021-22
Council has release the Instructions / Guideline for ICSE / ISC of Semester-Wise exam 2021-22 format. This Guideline / Instructions are much more deference than previous instructions/ guideline of council. These guideline as well as instructions include not only about semester wise exam rules but also for cowid-19 guideline and unfair means in examination .Visit official website CISCE for detail information about ICSE/ ISC Board .
Instructions for ICSE ISC of Semester-Wise exam 2021-22
The CISCE has decided to conduct TWO EXAMINATIONS in the same examination year. This is in keeping to the pattern of holding examinations, as recommended in the National Education Policy (NEP) document. The format of the Question Paper to be used in the Semester 1 Examination is of the Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQ type)
INSTRUCTIONS TO CANDIDATES-ICSE/ISC
1. Each candidate registered and confirmed to appear for the ICSE /ISC Year 2022 Examination must appear for:
Semester 1 Examination to be held in November/December 2021 and
Semester 2 Examination to be held in March/April 2022.
It is mandatory for a candidate to appear for both of these examinations to qualify for grant of certification for the ICSE /ISC Year 2022 Examination. A copy of the ICSE Year 2021-2022 Semester 1 Examination timetable is attached herewith.
2. The candidates will have to offer the same subjects for both the Semester 1 and Semester 2 Examinations.
3. The candidates should collect their Admission Cards ahead of these Examinations from the Heads of their respective Schools.
4. Candidates must be seated in the Examination Hall / Room five minutes before the time fixed for the start of the examination in the subject.
5. If an Examination Paper for which the candidate is not entered is handed to him/her, he/she must immediately bring this to the attention of the Supervising Examiner.
6. Candidate must read carefully all general directions that may be given at the head of a paper, e.g., directions regarding number of questions that should be attempted, etc.
7. Candidates are advised to answer only that number of questions as mentioned in the Question Paper – Cum – Answer Booklet.
8. On the top – sheet of the Question Paper – cum – Answer Booklet, candidates must put their signatures in the space provided for the purpose.
9. Candidates must clearly write their Unique ID (Unique Identification Number) and Index Number on the top-sheet of the Question Paper-Cum-Answer Booklet in the space provided. All entries on
the Question Paper-Cum-Answer Booklet must be made with Black/Blue ink pen ONLY.
10. Candidates are advised not to write or scribble anywhere else of the top-sheet of the Question Papercum-Answer Booklet.
11. In addition to the time indicated in the timetable for writing the paper, candidates will be given 10 minutes time for reading the questions.
12. Candidates are advised to read the questions carefully before they make the choice of answer from the given multiple options.
13. Candidates must plan their work in order to use their time wisely.
14. A candidate who arrives late at the centre will be required to give a satisfactory explanation and reason to the Supervising Examiner. Except in exceptional circumstances, a paper will not be given to any candidate who is more than half an hour late. Absolute punctuality is essential. Candidates are not allowed to leave the Examination Room before the conclusion of the paper.
15. The candidates who appear for the Examination will be issued a computer-generated Mark Sheet. This Mark Sheet will only indicate the marks obtained by the candidates in each subject / paper taken by them for the Semester 1 Examination. The overall result i.e. – Pass Certificate Awarded/ Pass Certificate Not Awarded/ Eligible for Compartment Examination will only be declared after completion of the Semester 2 Examination
16. The results will NOT be available from the offices of the Council. Queries about the results by candidates/parents/guardians will not be entertained by the Council
17. Only ISC Candidates are permitted to use simple electronic calculators.
New format of the Question Paper and the Answer Booklet
As the Semester 1 Examination is in the MCQ format, the candidates will be provided with Question Paper – Cum – Answer Booklets to attempt their paper. The candidates will be required to write on these booklets only and submit the same to the Invigilators at the end of the examination.
CISCE-Instructions /Guideline about Sheets for doing Rough Work
Sheets for doing Rough Work have been provided in the Question paper – cum – Answer Booklet for those subjects where calculations, diagrams etc. are required, for example, Mathematics, Physics, Accounts etc. No additional or separate sheets of paper will be provided for rough work.
An extract of the Top – Sheet of the QUESTION PAPER-CUM-ANSWER BOOKLET with the
‘Instructions to the candidates’ is given below
1. Candidates must write their Unique ID and Index Number in the space given.
2. Answers to the questions are to be given in the space provided. For example:
What is the capital of India?
(c) New Delhi
Answer: (c) .
3. The selected choice of the answer must be clearly written in the space provided. Overwriting of the answer must be avoided.
4. Only one option indicating the selected answer should be written in the space given. More than one option, if written, will not be considered for evaluation.
5. Rough work, if any, must be done in the sheets provided in this booklet for Rough Work. No separate sheet should be used for rough work.
6. Candidates seeking, receiving and / or giving assistance during the examination will be disqualified. (Refer to details given on pages 9 – 11 of the document – ICSE/ISC Year
2022 Regulations & Syllabuses).
7. This Question Paper – cum – Answer Booklet should not be taken outside the Examination Hall / Room.
8. If candidates complete their paper before the completion of the writing duration time, they must remain seated in the Hall / Room till the end of the examination.
9. After completion of the Examination, this Question Paper – cum – Answer Booklet must be handed over by the candidate to the Invigilator.
10. Candidates are advised not to leave their Question Paper – cum – Answer Booklet unattended at any time.
11. The Supervising Examiner will give you permission to leave the Hall / Room only after all the Question Paper – cum – Answer Booklets have been collected from all the candidates present in the Examination Hall / room.
Guideline if USE OF UNFAIR MEANS in ICSE / ISC for 2021-22 Semester-wise
1. If the Awarding Committee is satisfied that a candidate has made arrangements to obtain unfair help in connection with the question papers from any person connected with the examination centre or any agency within or outside the examination centre, the candidate is liable to have his/her results in the examination as a whole cancelled.
2. (i) Candidates who are detected in giving or obtaining, or attempting to give or obtain, unfair assistance, or who are otherwise detected in any dishonesty whatsoever, relating to the Examination, will be reported to the Chief Executive and Secretary of the Council and may be expelled from the examination room forthwith and refused admission to subsequent examination papers.
(ii) The Supervising Examiner or any member of the supervisory staff shall seize the Question Paper-Cum-Answer Booklet (‘Booklet’) in which the use of unfair assistance is detected / suspected.
(iii) The Supervising Examiner shall send the seized Booklet with a report giving the details of the evidence and the explanation of the candidate/s concerned to the Chief Executive and
Secretary of the Council without delay and, if possible, on the day of the occurrence.
(iv) In case the candidate/s concerned refuse to give explanatory statements they should not be forced to do so, only the fact of refusal shall be recorded by the Supervising Examiner and attested by two members of the supervisory staff on duty at the time of the occurrence.
(v) The Supervising Examiner has the discretion to permit such candidates to answer the remaining part of the paper but on Question Paper – cum – Answer Booklets that are separate from those in which the use of unfair means was detected / suspected.
3. Candidates found guilty of: (i) bringing in answer sheets; or (ii) taking out or attempting to take out answer sheets; or (iii) substituting Booklets or getting Booklets replaced during or after the examination with or without the help of any person connected with the examination centre, or any agency within or outside the examination centre, shall be reported to the Chief Executive and Secretary of the Council and their results in the examination as a whole will be cancelled
4. If it is subsequently discovered and the Awarding Committee is satisfied that candidate/s has/have either copied from other candidate/s or given opportunity to other candidate/s to copy from them or communicated dishonestly with other candidate/s, their results in the paper or subject or subjects in question or their results in the examination as a whole will be cancelled.
5. A candidate detected in approaching directly or indirectly an examiner or any member of the staff of the Council with the object of influencing him / her regarding any candidate’s examination result shall have his/her result in the examination as a whole cancelled.
6. Candidates found guilty of disorderly conduct or causing disturbance in or near the examination hall/room are liable to be expelled from the examination hall/room forthwith and will be refused admission for subsequent examination papers.
7. (i) Candidates are not permitted to have in their possession, while in the examination room, any book, memorandum or pocketbook, notes, paper, mobile phones or wireless devices, except the Question Paper-Cum-Answer Booklet. They must also return any incorrect or damaged Question Paper-Cum-Answer Booklet to the Supervising Examiner immediately.
(ii) Candidates are not permitted to have in their possession any weapon or an object/instrument which may be used as a weapon during the course of the Examination.
(iii) Candidates disregarding the above cautions are liable to have their results in the examination as a whole cancelled.
8. (i) Persons obtaining admission to the examination on false representation shall be expelled from the examination hall forthwith and will be reported to the Police
(ii) Candidates who are impersonated shall be reported to the Chief Executive and Secretary of the Council and their results in the examination as a whole will be cancelled.
9. (i) The decision in respect of the results of candidates who are detected/suspected of using unfair means may be delayed considerably and their results may not be issued with the results of other candidates.
(ii) Candidates whose results in the examination as a whole have been cancelled may be debarred from entry to any subsequent examination.
10. A person who commits an offence under these Regulations, but is not a candidate, shall be dealt with as under:
(i) The Chief Executive and Secretary of the Council may, if he so decides, hand over the case to the Police.
(ii) In the case of a teacher or a person connected with an institution, his / her misconduct shall be reported to the Governing (or Managing) Body of the institution for necessary action.
11. Entries for subsequent examinations may not be accepted from a school where any member of the staff has at any time committed any offence under these Regulations.
12. If the Awarding Committee is satisfied that the use of dishonest means in a paper or papers has been widespread at a centre, the Awarding Committee reserves the right to cancel the results of all candidates of that centre in the paper or papers concerned, or of the entire examination as a whole at the centre, if several papers are involved.
13. For cases of use of unfair means not covered by these Regulations, the Awarding Committee may enforce penalties according to the nature of the offence.
LAST DATE FOR RETAINING ANSWER SCRIPTS
The Council does not undertake to retain answer scripts of the candidates later than 60 days from the day of the declaration of results. For enquiries concerning examination results, attention is invited to Section H under CHAPTER II on page 8 of the INDIAN CERTIFICATE OF SECONDARY EDUCATION EXAMINATION YEAR 2022 REGULATIONS.
Note: Applications for recheck of answer scripts must be submitted online and received in the Council’s office not later than SEVEN days from the day of declaration of the ICSE Year 2021 – 2022 Semester 1 Examination results.
COVID – 19 Safety Instructions to be strictly followed by Candidates at the Examination Centre
1. Candidates must reach the examination centre well ahead of time to ensure staggered movement and smooth entry into the school, to avoid overcrowding.
2. Candidates must ensure that they maintain social distancing in their movement within the school campus and maintain a distance of at least six feet from each other.
3. Candidates must always follow the Covid-19 safety protocols strictly, by ensuring that they wear a face mask, carry a hand sanitiser, and avoid touching the face with their hands. The use of gloves is optional.
4. Candidates must carry their own stationery and avoid sharing the same with other candidates.
5. Candidates should follow respiratory etiquette strictly while coughing or sneezing. This involves the practice of covering one’s mouth and nose while coughing or sneezing.
6. Candidates must carry their own water bottles. They must not share food or water with others.
7. Candidates need to inform the Supervising Examiner/Invigilator and follow the protocol laid down by the school in case, they are not feeling well.
8. Candidates should avoid overcrowding at all places on the school campus i.e., washrooms, laboratories, classrooms, corridors, library, playground, etc.
9. Candidates need to strictly follow any additional safety instructions issued by the examination centre.