Interdependence Amongst Living Organisms Class-8th Goyal Brothers Biology Solutions
Interdependence Amongst Living Organisms Class-8th Goyal Brothers ICSE Biology Solutions Chapter-3 (Ecosystem), Unit-4. We Provide Step by Step Answer of Objective, Fill in the blanks , Definitions , Match the followings and Short/Long Question Type answers of Chapter-3, Unit 4, Interdependence Amongst Living Organisms.. Visit official Website CISCE for detail information about ICSE Board Class-8.
Interdependence Amongst Living Organisms ICSE Class-8th Goyal Brothers
Biology Solutions Chapter-3,Unit-4
|Book Name||Goyal Brothers|
|Unit-4||Interdependence Amongst Living Organisms|
|Topic||Solution of exercise questions|
Interdependence Amongst Living Organisms
ICSE Class-8th Goyal Brothers
I. Fill In The Blanks:
- Air contains _0.03_ percent carbon dioxide.
- Increase in Carbon Dioxide concentration in the atmosphere leads to _Global Warming_.
- The air in motion is called _Wind_.
- Only 2.7 percent of water is _Fresh water_.
- The Uppermost layer of earth’s crust is called_ lithosphere_.
- The Process of soil formation is termed _Weathering_.
- Humus is rich in _Organic Matter_.
II. Define the following, giving two examples of each:
1. Symbiosis: It is defined as the living together of two (or more) organisms of different species in an intimate(close) association, in which both partners benefit.
For example :- Association of a fungus with the roots of a higher plants.
2. Predation: Predation refers to an interaction between species in which one species, the predator, kills and eats the other, called prey.
For example :- Locust insect(predator) destroys the seed crop (prey).
3. Parasite: An organism(parasite) which depends on another organism(host) for its existence. The parasite depends on the host for food.
For example:- Plants are parasitised by bacteria , Fungi, Viruses etc .
III. Match the items in column :
|Column A||Column B|
|1.Symbiosis||(a) One organism depend on the other organism for food, but the second organism gets no benefit.|
|2.Parasite||(b) Interaction between the species, in which one kills and eats the other.|
|3.Predation||(C) Organisms of two different species living together, with mutual benefit.|
IV. Answer the following questions:
Question 1:- Name the type of association found in lichens.
Answer:- Symbiosis is the type of association found in lichens.
Question 2:- Name one ectoparasite and one endoparasite.
Answer:- Parasite living outside the host body is known as ectoparasite. Example Lice.
Parasite living inside the host body is known as endoparasite. Example Tapeworm and Malaria parasite.
Question 3:- Name a plant parasite.
Answer:- Cuscata is a plant parasite.
Question 4:- Name three abiotic factors of an ecosystem
Answer:- The three abiotic factors of an ecosystem are Temperature, light and water.
Question 5:- Write in brief about the abiotic components of an ecosystem.
Answer:-The abiotic components of the ecosystem are:-
- Inorganic Nutrients, such as carbon dioxide, Oxygen, nitrogen, water and minerals.
- Organic Compounds, such as protein, carbohydrates, fats etc. Present in the dead remains of plants and animals, and found in the soil.
- Climatic Factors, such as light, temperature, rainfall, and humidity.
— : end of Interdependence Amongst Living Organisms Class-8th Goyal Brothers:–
Please share with your friends if you find it useful.