Sexual Reproduction in Humans Class-8th Goyal Brothers Biology Solutions
Sexual Reproduction in Humans Class-8th Goyal Brothers ICSE Biology Solutions Chapter-2 (Reproduction in plants and animals), Unit-3. We Provide Step by Step Answer of Objective, Fill in the blanks , Definitions , Match the followings and Short/Long Question Type answers of Chapter-2, Unit-3, Sexual Reproduction in Humans. Visit official Website CISCE for detail information about ICSE Board Class-8
Sexual Reproduction in Humans Goyal Brothers
ICSE Class-8th Biology Solutions Chapter-2,Unit-3
|Book Name||Goyal Brothers|
|Chapter-2||Reproduction in plants and animals|
|Unit-3||Sexual Reproduction in Humans|
|Topic||Solution of exercise questions|
Sexual Reproduction in Humans
ICSE Class-8th Goyal Brothers
I. Multiple choice questions. Tick (√ ) the correct choice :
1. Testis are present in a sac called __.
(a) scrotum (b) oviduct (c) epididymis (d) none of the above
Answers: (a) Scrotum
2. Which of the following is not a part of female reproductive system?
(a) vagina (b) ovary (c) testis (d) uterus
Answers: (a) Testis
II. Fill in the blanks :
- Lower part of uterus is called _Cervix_.
- The sac-like structure present outside the body and which contains testes is called _Scrotum_.
- Male gametes are produced inside _Testes_.
- Development of a baby (foetus) takes place inside _Uterus_.
- The time between fertilisation and birth is called _Gestation_.
III. Find the odd one out, giving reason :
- Testes, epididymis, uterus, vas deferens :- It is the female reproductive system rest of the three are the male reproductive system.
- Ovary, scrotum, ovum, uterus :- It is the male reproductive part where all others are female reproductive parts .
IV. Differentiate between the following :
1. Sperm and Ovum
|1. It is male gamete||1. It is female gamete|
|2. Sperm is the smallest cell in human body.||2. It is one of the largest cells in the human body|
|3. It is produced from testes||3.It is produced from ovary|
|4. A sperm cell is surrounded by a plasma membrane.||4. An ovum cell is surrounded by egg envelopes.|
2. Epididymis and vas deferens
|1. It is located at the back of the testis and connects it to the vas deferens.||1. It is a sperm duct through which sperms leave the testes and reach the urethra.|
|2. It is the place where sperms are stored after they mature||2. It transports mature sperm to the urethra in preparation for ejaculation.|
|3. It stores sperm||3. It Collect mature sperms from epididymis|
|4. This found on the top of the testis.||4. It is present in the form of one single duct on the side of each testis|
V. Mention the functions of the following :
1. Testis: Male gamete or sperm are produced in an organ called testis.
- It produces sperm.
- It acts as an endocrine gland.
- It secrets male sex hormones called testosterone.
2. Ovary: The female reproductive organ that produces the egg cells is known as the ovary.
- They produce eggs for fertilization.
- They produce the reproductive hormones estrogen and progesterone
- They produce the ovum and secrete female sex hormones.
3. Uterus: A uterus also called the womb, is a muscular, inverted pear-shaped organ of the female reproductive system.
- It provide nourishment and a conducive environment for the developing foetus.
- Uterus stretches to grow baby during pregnancy.
- Uterine lining is where blood and tissue come from during menstruation.
4. Oviduct: In women it is a paired organ that is essential for fertility.
- It transports the embryo to the uterus
- The fertilized embryo migrates to the uterus within 3-5 days
- Sperm and ovum meet here and fertilisation takes place.
5. Vagina: Cervix is connected to the muscular tube-like vagina.
- It plays an important role in the outlet of menstrual flow.
- It serves as the birth canal through which the baby is delivered.
- It takes menstrual flow outside the body.
VI. Answer the following questions :
1. Which part of the human body produces
2. Name the organ involved in the following :
(a) Fertilisation of ovum by the sperm:
Answer: Fallopian tube
(b) Passing of sperms from a man to a woman.
3. Describe the male and female reproductive systems in humans.
Answer: Organs of male reproductive system includes-
- A pair of testes (singular testis) in the scrotal sac, produce male gametes or sperms.
- Epididymis stores sperms, found on the top of the testes.
- Vas deferens- Sperm duct through which sperms leave the testes, open into urethra and reach penis.
- Penis- it is used for injecting sperms inside the body of the female.
Organs of female reproductive system includes-
- A pair of ovaries(singular ovary)- produces eggs(ova)
- Oviducts or fallopian tubes through which eggs travel.
- uterus also known as womb
- Vagina- The sperm enters the uterus through it.
- Implantation: Fertilisation takes place inside the female’s body in the oviduct. After fertilisation, the fertilised eggs attaches itself to the womb’s(uterus) lining. The process is called implantation.
- Gestation: The time between the fertilisation and birth is called pregnancy or gestation. It lasts for 9 months or 280 days.
VII. Make well-labelled diagrams of the following:
1. Reproductive organa in male human being.
2.Reproductive organ in female Human Being.
— : end of Sexual Reproduction in Humans Class-8th Goyal Brothers:–
Please share with your friends if you find it useful.