Photosynthesis Class-7th Goyal Brothers Prakashan Biology Solutions
Photosynthesis Class-7th Goyal Brothers ICSE Biology Solutions Chapter-3 Photosynthesis. We Provide Step by Step Answers of Objectives, Fill in the blanks , Definitions , Match the followings and Short/Long Question Type answers of Chapter-3, Photosynthesis . Visit official Website CISCE for detail information about ICSE Board Class-7.
Photosynthesis ICSE Class-7th
Goyal Brothers Biology Solutions Chapter-3
|Book Name||Goyal Brothers|
|Unit-1||Photosynthesis- Nutrition in plants|
|Topic||Solution of exercise questions|
Photosynthesis ICSE Class-7th Goyal Brothers
I. Multiple Choice Questions. Tick(√ ) the correct choice.
1. The process by which green plants prepare their own food is known as
(d) None of these
Ans: (a) Photosynthesis
2. The green colour pigment in the leaves is
Ans: (a) Chlorophyll
3. Tiny pores on the lower surface of leaf are
(d) Leaf stalk
Ans: (b) Stomata
4. Which of the following is a micronutrient?
Ans: (c) Copper
II. Fill In The Blanks :
- Green plants use _Carbon dioxide_ and _Water_ to prepare food.
- During photosynthesis, the gas released is _Oxygen_.
- The presence of starch can be tested by using _Iodine_.
- On testing with iodine, starch turns _Blue_ in colour.
- The pigment _Chlorophyll_ is present inside certain structures called _Chloroplast_ in a leaf.
- The small pores present on the leaves through which carbon dioxide enters the leaf are called _Stomata_.
III. Which of the following statements are true(T) and which ones are false(F)? Mark T or F :
- The chlorophyll pigment enables the plant to use sunlight. [T]
- If there were no plants, the amount of oxygen in the air would go on decreasing. [T]
- Green plants prepare their food by using oxygen oxygen and water. [F]
- Photosynthesis occurs only in chlorophyll containing parts of the plant. [T]
IV. Name the following:
1. Gas used in photosynthesis.
Ans: Carbon Dioxide
2. Pigment which gives green colour to leaves.
3. Three macronutrients.
Ans: Carbon, Oxygen and Hydrogen.
4. Three micronutrient.
Ans: Copper, Zinc and Boron
V. How do you test for :
1. Th role of chlorophyll in photosynthesis.
Ans: Areas of the leaf with chlorophyll should turn blue–black when iodine is added proving starch is present. This in turn, proves that photosynthesis occurred.
2. The role of light in photosynthesis.
Ans: Put a carbon paper on some part of the leaf and keep the apparatus for 2-3 hours in sunlight. Then drop iodine after removing the carbon paper the blue-black colour is not seen at the shaded area confirming that there is no glucose formed.
VI. Answer the following questions :
Question 1 :- From where does carbon dioxide enter a plant ?
Answer: Stomata are the small pores present on the leaves of the plant. Carbon dioxide enters the plants through these openings.
Question 2 :- Do you think that photosynthesis is necessary for life to exist on earth? Explain.
Answer: Photosynthesis is the main source of food on earth. It releases oxygen which is an important element for the survival of life. Without photosynthesis, there will be no oxygen on earth. Therefore photosynthesis is necessary for life to exist on earth.
Question 3 :- What is produced during photosynthesis?
Answer: Glucose and Oxygen are produced during photosynthesis.
Question 4 :- Describe the role of stomata in photosynthesis.
Answer: It facilitates the entry of carbon dioxide into the plant and removal of oxygen from the plant.
Question 5 :- Mention the different factors which affect the rate of photosynthesis.
Answer: Factors which affect the rate of photosynthesis are carbon dioxide, water, sunlight and chlorophyll.
Question 6 :- Give the significance of photosynthesis.
Answer: The Significance of photosynthesis are: –
- It is the primary source of all food on earth.
- It provides oxygen for respiration.
- It maintains a balance in atmosphere.
- It provides fossil fuel.
— : end of Photosynthesis Class-7th Goyal Brothers Prakahan:–
Please share with your friends if you find it useful.